Fish choices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chokpuddin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello to all. Doing some planning for a new Biocube 14 FOWLER setup. Looking to use about 15 lbs LR and a 2" sand bed. I'd like to get 1 clown, a yellow watchman and tiger pistol shrimp, and a royal gramma or a blenny. Too much bioload, or am I ok? Also I could use suggestions for an appropriate CUC. Thanks!

Hello! Welcome to the forum!

I think you might be pushing it with those 3 fish. I have a gramma and it stays in the rockwork ALOT, lol. The clown would be OK with a blenny or goby, there are smaller sized gobies too so you might be able to fit in the 3 fish. Check out liveaquaria.com and look at their nano fish section. Great reference site.

As far as cuc, I would go with a couple hermits, a few snails for algae and a couple snails like nassarius for sand stirring and uneaten food.

I know what you are going for with the goby and the pistol shrimp... I've seen them on youtube (awesome). I am about full on my 12jbj (I think) so they will have to go in my 54g when I finally get some substrate in there. I have a firefish, a clown goby, a banded shrimp and 3 snails.

Back
Top Bottom