Fish coming tomorrow. pH is too low.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, nice info on the Stratum, I just knew it was great for plants!
Yeah I know, trial and error and all :')
Thanks again. I'm sure my Corys will be very happy tomorrow when they get in the tank. Well, maybe not at first haha!

Is it capped with eco complete? I forgot your setup

Your fish will adapt to pH especially where your pH is at. Personally, I'd acclimate temp then just put them in your tank. A one time pH fluctuation on your fish does virtually nothing to them IME. It's the constant fluctuation in pH that messes them up. When your buffering stops like Z said the ph will gradually climb a bit. A gradual fluctuation is fine. Essentially I'd put the fish in and leave the pH alone.

Your fish will adapt to pH especially where your pH is at. Personally, I'd acclimate temp then just put them in your tank. A one time pH fluctuation on your fish does virtually nothing to them IME. It's the constant fluctuation in pH that messes them up. When your buffering stops like Z said the ph will gradually climb a bit. A gradual fluctuation is fine. Essentially I'd put the fish in and leave the pH alone.
Thank you! Putting my mind at ease. Fish are coming in 9hours. It's 00:12 where I am haha I'm anxious but excited. I'm just doing the plop and drop method too to stop any pH fluctuations, toxic gas exchange levels etc. Get them in asap after temp acclimation. Fingers and toes crossed.

Would a drip acclimation be the best course of action? I do that with new shrimp and fish. Airline tubing crimped to produce a slow drip over 1-2 hours or more.
As for pH fluctuations, my fish went through daily 1.0 swings in my high tech planted tank. CO2 would drive it down and it would go back up overnight.

Would a drip acclimation be the best course of action? I do that with new shrimp and fish. Airline tubing crimped to produce a slow drip over 1-2 hours or more.
As for pH fluctuations, my fish went through daily 1.0 swings in my high tech planted tank. CO2 would drive it down and it would go back up overnight.
Just another example of why I believe pH isn't as big a deal as it's made out to be. Good idea on the drip for temp acclimation. I like it.

Gladly, also if you happen to have Instagram, my user is @_jenniferclare
I'm gonna be posting the whole process on there so if you do have it, there'll be lots of updates :)
I don't have Instagram. Or FB. I'm off the grid. ?

Just to let you all know the CO2 causing the pH fluctuations doesn't mess with the fish, it's pH changes with the actual parameter changes that do.

Back
Top Bottom