Fish disappearing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amyd619

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 36g FOWLR has been running for about 3 months. I've had 2 clown fish disappear recently within a week. I also have a Coral Beauty which seems fine. Tested the water and all is normal. Think I might have seen a head of one of the clowns wedged in between the rock and sand but then was gone the next time I went to find it. I also have a white legged hermit crab that is a little on the big side and has killed 4 of his other friends, arco crab, peppermint shrimp and some snails. Could one of the crabs be catching and killing my fish?

Crabs won't kill a healthy fish.
What are the 'normal' parameters? I have a hard time believing things are in the normal range with a fish like a coral beauty in there since they need a much larger tank. It is most likely aggression or parameter issues from the coral beauty causing your problems.

doubtful its a crab , you tested the water what are the readings fine don't tell me anything, has the tank been properly cycled , all the fish that you added were they acclimated correctly

Back
Top Bottom