Fish dying, paralyzed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moskito

Aquarium Advice Newbie
When turning my room lights 2 weeks ago my fish would start swimming in a spiral circle until it reaches the bottom and stop there staying still for sometime. It's been couple days now that he just stay at the bottom sometimes upside down and dont move at all. I believe it will eventually die from starving. I would love to save the fish as it's my first fish since I started the tank, and he still alive which seen that its trying to survive, but at the same time its really sad to see him this way and I'm not sure if it will be better off sacrificing his live with frozen water. If there is any chance that it can survive please let me know.

My water is fine, it took me almost 3 months to get my tank complete cycled, I do my water change regular every week and sometimes I skip one week. I have other fish in the tank and all seen fine except this one.

here is a video:

please let me know what to do.

First and foremost, I'm sure we'd all like to know your water parameters. Ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, pH, etc...

My best guess is swim bladder disease. Two weeks is quite a while for a fish to behave that way. There isn't really a cure, but usual treatments involve raising temp a few degrees, decreasing water current, and trying to feed them peas. Peas are great for cleaning out their digestive systems. You just cook them, peel off the skins, and chop them up until they are small enough to be eaten safely. That might help.

You may also want to consider isolating him. He looks pretty uncomfortable. If you have a hospital tank, great. If not you could pick up a breeder net. That would allow you to keep him in the main tank but would be a little kinder to his body than the gravel and plastic plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks like Hexitima parasite to me. I would get him outta there before he burst and release thousands of little parasites and make them all sick.

Back
Top Bottom