Fish for a 75 gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vonkster

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello Everyone,

I own a 75 gallon tank that could use a few more fish. Right now, I have six silver dollars in there and I would like to get a couple of fish that eat algae - there are diatoms in my tank I am too lazy to clean up myself :) I would get a Plecostomus but I hear they can attack silver dollars so I am not sure - perhaps a rubber lipped Plecostomus would be a good compromise since they don't get very big. In addition, I would like to get a couple of nice big fish to go in there that would be compatible with my silver dollars and with a fish that eats algae. Any suggestions? Can I put a couple of Cichlids in there without them beating up my silver dollars, etc?

I don't see any reason you can't get s small pleco such as a bristlenose or a little exotic, maybe a green or blue phantom.

But with the regards to adding cichlids I'm sure what side the SD's are now but when you've got 6 small dinner plate sized fish a 75g will look full. So I'd look at a pair of something that stays under 6", maybe something in the Thoricthys genus such as macullpinnis or aureums.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I don't see any reason you can't get s small pleco such as a bristlenose or a little exotic, maybe a green or blue phantom.

But with the regards to adding cichlids I'm sure what side the SD's are now but when you've got 6 small dinner plate sized fish a 75g will look full. So I'd look at a pair of something that stays under 6", maybe something in the Thoricthys genus such as macullpinnis or aureums.

Agreed with this post. Get a BNP or rubber lip. Or maybe even a clown pleco. Silver dollars can get pretty big and u have 6 right now.

Back
Top Bottom