Fish I'd and sex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
go to a good lfs there are many in Seattle they will sell you healthy fish and may have ones large enough to sex
best way to get a pair is to buy 5-6 small ones and let them pair off
the lsf will probably love to buy pairs back from you or you could sell them on here or aquabid

You don't want nasty hybrids anyway! Get the real thing! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410552077.243958.jpg

OP are you a GSAS member? I noticed you're also in the Seattle area?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

go to a good lfs there are many in Seattle they will sell you healthy fish and may have ones large enough to sex
best way to get a pair is to buy 5-6 small ones and let them pair off
the lsf will probably love to buy pairs back from you or you could sell them on here or aquabid

None of my fish are from a chain store, and I don't want to buy from one but I've been searching for a red texas for a long time and this is the first I've seen. I just thought it would be worth a shot to see how they turn out. It's always a gamble when they are juvies.

You don't want nasty hybrids anyway! Get the real thing! View attachment 249829

OP are you a GSAS member? I noticed you're also in the Seattle area?

I really don't want a hybrid but the color on a good red texas is insane. I would much rather buy the real thing from rapps but I don't want to pay the shipping for a single fish. I'm not a GSAS member but I've considered it. I am on fish box. Not sure if you are but one of the moderators madness does group buys from rapps sometimes so I may do that next time.

You can get a Herichthys deppi! They get a fair amount of red.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410552793.633119.jpg

I am on Fishbox too, I'm considering doing a group by for Cichlids of the Americas with Shawn "madness" .

Yeah that's an option, I like the blue the deppi gets also. Do you know if Shawn still has fish he was trying to get rid of or did they all get bought up.

I'm on fish box as well. I recommend going to all about pets in burien that ace is awesome!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I'm on fish box as well. I recommend going to all about pets in burien that ace is awesome!

Nice! I've heard of it but I don't get down the way often. Last time I was down that way I went to midway which is pretty good.

A place for pets?

If do yea it's pretty good, mostly focused around African cichlids. Kevin does a good job ordering though. Worth a drive.

I live on poulsbo. I haven't been to midway yet. But a place is great for me since I do Africans

If you guys ever get up to seattle/north seattle, you guys have to check out Little Amazon. He always has some really cool stuff!

I buy all my fish online from hobbyist since I'm normally after something very specific.

Check out Aquarium Co-Op in Edmonds, my friend Cory owns it.

I buy all my fish online from hobbyist since I'm normally after something very specific.

Check out Aquarium Co-Op in Edmonds, my friend Cory owns it.

The Co-op is my regular shop. I buy most my stuff from Cory, he's got a good thing going there.

Back
Top Bottom