Fish identity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well if you want another I could catch you one from the Chesapeake bay here lol. There are tons of them.

You are aware that the conch didn't actually catch the fish, right? The fish died and then the conch is cleaning up the mess.

Yea I didn't think the conch killed it but sure made a meal out of the gill section of the fishs head lol... Wouldn't that be something if conchs were killer conchs...(in movie announcers voice) "out of the depths of the sandy ocean bottom emerges a new menace...the KILLER CONCH!!" Haha

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Fundulus heteroclitus. If it's not that species, then it's a close relative. Mummichogs are very underrated aquarium fish. when I lived in Virginia 20 years ago I kept a few in a large brackish water setup, along with a range of gobies. The mummichogs were fairly well behaved, kept good colours, and I even had a few young show up (and grow up) in the tank. It's a shame most people simply view them as baitfish!

Tony

Back
Top Bottom