fish safe paint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd say if it doesn't have lead in it and you let it dry, most would be safe.. As long as it is one solid coat, with no way of flaking, that is.

I wouldn't advise it.

A safe alternative may be wrapping electrical tape around your pvc

And there ya go :) hehe.

I wouldn't mind playing with some of that spray paint then.

Some say that krylon fusion will peel... yet I've never experienced that. I've painted several things that stay under water with krylon and have never had an issue. I think the key is to let it cure longer than recommended. I've always cured mine for at least 48 hours.

I would just like to add that Krylon per the manufacturer it is NOT safe for aquariums. I've called serval times and asked this question and went to my local hardware store also. Not to say it really can't be used.They meaning Krylon stated it's never been tested for long term underwater uses or uses with fish tanks.

Just wanted to pass it along. I guess maybe there just covering themselves.

Yeah wasn't saying you can't. Just wanted people to be aware of what the techs said. So IF anything did go wrong it's on use. I've used it also with no problems yet. I have heard stories of it peeling.

Gillie said:
Any paint for marine applications would be best, that is as long as you have a marine supply store near you.

Some of your marine paints have an algae inhibitor that releases copper into the water. There are some pool and pond liner paints that can be used.

Back
Top Bottom