Fish with bumps??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishkeepingenth

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Today I noticed one of my cherry barbs flicking/flashing (aggressively swimming) onto the sand and objects today. Upon closer inspection I noticed is has a single bump, raised from the skin, I think its white in color but I can't really tell. Here is a link https://imgur.com/a/MrzJDYD to images of the fish, using Imgur (my bad if links aren't allowed). But about a half hour ago I noticed another individual throwing himself into the sand, and this fish has two of those bumps, one near the gill. Ive only ever had small tanks with a single betta and snails, this is my first large tank with many fish, does anyone know what this could be or how I should solve it? I haven't even began to check the neons or otos. Is this ich, or other parasites? Lymphocystis? Any help at all is appreciated, I don't want to lose all my fish. Someone off reddit thinks its definitely parasites, and they said anchor worms?

1) Cherry Barbs are what I've seen with them, but there's neon tetras and otoclinclus in the tank too
2) 77 degrees, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrIte, 5-10 nitrAte
3) 75 gallons, been set up for 3 months now, but fish only added like 2 weeks ago
4) Filteration: Marineland emperor pro 450 (450gph)
5) There's 26 Cherrys, 35 Neons and 6 Otos. 5 Ammano shrimp, there all about an inch or smaller in size.
6) I do water changes every Saturday, at about 20 percent, this includes vacuuming the sand.
7) Ive had the fish for maybe 2 or 3 weeks, I acclimated them by placing the bags in the water and dripping tank water into their bags over some time (45 minutes maybe)
8) The day before I found the fish this way, I added some new plants that a friend gave me, but I'm pretty certain whatever this is, isn't from his tank.
9) I feed them Fluval Bug Bites - Black Soldier Fly Larvae.

Images

Ive noticed the link does not work, here are some of the pictures:

IMG_7980.jpg
IMG_7982.jpg
IMG_7986.jpg
IMG_7988.jpg

Again, if anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it.

Back
Top Bottom