Fishless cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GhillieSniper115

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well now it's time to cycle my 55 gal tank and i decided to do a fish less cycle. I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything special that I might need or need to do? Thanks.

Just add a bio starter like 'bio spera' or 'stress zyme'. 'Stability'. To throw out a few names. Double the dose on then to get a ood cycle starting. I would recommend a bio wheel filter or aquaclear or pretty much anything that can hold a biomax or some sort of a biological filter media

I used straight ammonia from ace hardware. It worked really well. I didn't use any starter but did use seeded media.

The 'Professional Strength Ammonia' from Ace Hardware is just ammonia and water. I think it is 10 or 12% ammonia. It is what I used to cycle my first tank. If you want to do it quick add some seachem stability. IMO it works the best of the bio starters. It has aerobic and anaerobic bacteria cultures for nitrite and nitrate consumption and holds up well on a shelf before you buy it. Add the stability per dosage instructions and 15ml of Ace ammonia on day one and 2-4ml each day until ammonia reaches 0 and nitrates start accumulating. Do a big water change and add your fish.

Back
Top Bottom