Fixing my disaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I'm back. To those that contributed on my last threads, ad to utilize a more British form of the expression, I was a bloody arrogant little brat and I apologize. Anyway, with that off my chest, my tank needs help. (Yeah, yeah Brookster) The algae is impressive, as is the lack of plants. And CO2. And ferts. And life. And any form of beauty. So I'm a bit desperate. My EcoComplete somehow got mixed with red Flourite and looks awful, not to mention it's dirty because I failed miserably as a fishkeeper in general with my new dogs in the picture. I think my best option now is just to remove it all, scrub out the tank to get rid of algae and rinse the gravel in dechlorinated water. What do you guys think of this as my first step to redemption?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Complete restart? If you have somewhere for the fish to go that should work.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Complete restart? If you have somewhere for the fish to go that should work.

I don't, unfortunately. I could send them off to my relatives but their son shattered the glass on their thirty and my ten can't hold my angel, let alone the whole stock. I could strip it out and keep them all in a bucket for a bit though if that's what you mean. At this point the tank is hideous.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432782618.781684.jpg
Ignore the random airline.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I would put the into a Rubbermaid bin thats about the same size as your tank. This way the fish have the same amount of room and you don't rosh trying to clean everything. Run your filter on the bin too to keep everyone happy.

Hey Emerald ,
If you don't mind,I made some puns in a coment to fish wrangler and it was deleted .
I would like to publicly apologize . I come here to learn to share and have fun.If I ever hurt any ones feelings or make them feel bad I am sorry and that is seldom my intention .
Sorry for the thread jack . I wanted to do this and now seems good .

I actually like the rock placement it looks pretty cool. Maybe work on the plants some more and use sand.

Caleb

Just pull the hardscape and soak it in a bucket of hydrogen peroxide. May take a few bottles but it'll be worth it.. i do it fro. Time to time;) the mixed substrate isn't a big deal imo. Mine mixed to, the red flourite looks like scattered leaves to me. Get the hardscape set back up and get some plants going. I just put up a nice package in classifieds. I'll throw in some other stuff too if you want to get it planted in sooner than later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom