Flakes or Pellets (food advice)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tweitzel79

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Our two guppies have amazingly survived a few days with us in a new tank and my wife and I want to be sure our fishy friends get the right food. My wife wants me to buy fish pellets, whereas I'm content with the tropical flakes that came with the tank kit.

What do you folks think? Any specific recommendations?

Last edited:
Quite funny two of my guppies look exactly the same. I use omega one super color fish flakes and they're great. I specifically like them because you can see the ingredients in the flakes.

I prefer pellets, but others like flakes, so I'd recommend trying both and seeing what you/the fish like better

My fish won't eat the pellets. They prefer flakes, and on occasion they get frozen bloodworms or brine shrimp that I use for my African Dwarf Frogs.

I mainly feed New Life Spectrum's Small Fish Thera A but will give them Omega One Flakes every once in a while to help give them some variation. I have Neon Tetras and one Tetra Glofish that will be 2 years old in a few months.
f7c2384139345d220a4cc2326d3730e4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom