Flat slug looking thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mp3z24

Aquarium Advice Freak
can someone tell me what this is...

it is about 2 inches long, and 1 inch wide, and completely flat. probably only 1 mm thick. also, there are 2 little things sticking off the front... almost like eye pods.

~mike

edit... for some reason i cant see ANY pics on the forum. i hope these showed up. let me know if the do or not!!!!

i guess i will have to figure out this problem with my recent xp upgrade...

Attachments

• sand1.jpg
    sand1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 116
  • sand2.jpg
    sand2.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 165
  • rock1_205.jpg
    rock1_205.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 253
Sounds like a flatworm. There are some that get quite large. I'll see if I can find some links for you.

DennisG said:
No pics in this post... It would really help to id the thing if we can see pics.

yeah, thats why i tried to insert pics :evil: ... but as i indcated in my post, something is acting weird with my computer since i upgraded to XP.

~mike

I don't believe it's parasitic. During the MACNA conference, Dr. Ron talked a little bit about flatworms and said the only truly bad ones are the ones that breed to plaque proportions. Referring to the little red/yellow guys that irritate corals, so I don't think you have anything to worry about with these larger worms.

Back
Top Bottom