Flat Worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pony of the Sea

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i recently realized i had a growing infestation of flatworms in my 20g reef tank. I was advised by members on this site to get a product that would irradicate them if dosed correctly.

I went into my lfs and the guy told me i could get the medication, or pick up certain types of fish that naturally feed on flat worms.

Needless to say, i took the latter route. I go myself a nice six line wrasse after doing some research online. My lfs said that i should notice a decline in flat worms in about two weeks or so.

Has anyone else had a flatworm problem and cured it naturally, with fish as opposed to medications?

any input would be greatly appreciated,

thanks,
John

What color worms? if they are white/clear, they will disappear on their own. The brown/red ones will stay a little longer. A fish eating them is hit or miss. The flatworm exit is a sure thing, used correctly.

I've had flatworms. They took over my tank. Flatworm die off is toxic if u have lots of worms and use the chemical. They tell u to vacuum out as many worms as u can before using exit. I am too lazy to do that so I bought a Blue Velvet Nudibranch which only eat Flatworms. This wasn't cheap after the shipping cost. But he cleaned the tank in about 21/2 weeks. I sold him to my LFS after that. I was afraid he would starve. I still needed to use Flatworm Exit because the worms were in the filtration where the Nudibranch couldn't get at them. But he cleaned them up so well, I had no problems from the die off when I dosed my tank

I used the flatworm exit in my 20g tank FOUR times and followed directions to the tee and they are all gone now. i also had thousands of them, not just a few here or there. I had no issues with corals or fish while using the medication.

I needed to do the same. And I even dosed about 11/2 the recommended. Also didn't do any immediate water changes. The only thing it affected other than Flatworms was my Brittle Star population which was a little out of control anyway!

Back
Top Bottom