Floating apple snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xwesx1978

Aquarium Advice Freak
came home from work this morning and my new apple snail was floating in the tank , at first i thought he was dead or dieing but i read this is pretty normal , has anyone had there snail do this ? how long do they normally float around for ?

Can be a day or so, there really lazy. I have snails that will float upsidown, so it looks like there walking on the water, just upsidown to eat food, and they just to that for hours. But they also float like your sayin, he's just sleeping :)

if you take him out, and lightly press his foot, it should be firm. A dead snail loosens his muscles, and sometimes a goo will come out, that's a dead snail, I'm sure yours if fine though

I have 3 and one of mine floats until night time. Then it wakes up to eat. The other two are fairly active.

In my ten gallon that has ramshorns a bunch of them float around till the find something to cling to

I had one that would float and then 'release bubbles' to get to the bottom. There were many jokes made ;)

yup I threw in a algae wafer in for him and he released bubbles and went down started munching .
there really cool to watch when there active , i wanna get another one

Back
Top Bottom