Flounder help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homer8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Bought a freshwater flounder and he is in my brackish tank (sg 1.005-1.007). Ive been doing everything possible to get him to eat. Ive put live BBS right on his face during the day and in the middle of the night and i dont see him move he just buries himself. During the day he is active moving around the tank. I have laid piles of frozen blood worms and frozen brineshrimp on his face and i dont see him eating him.
Im going to call the store i bought them from tomorrow to find his species but they probably wont know. When i bought him the store didnt know what its species was they just said its brackish but they had the flounder in fresh. I slowly acclimated him into my tank via drip acclimation.
Every says they eventually need full marine but that isnt true it depends on the species. There are true freshwater "flounder" but those tend to be rare in the trade and expensive. There are also fully brackish "flounder" that live in low and or high end brackish their entire lives and then there are "flounder" that spawn in freshwater and then migrate to full marine. Doing the research i and looking at many pictures of the shape of these fish i do believe mine are the brackish species. I just cant get him to eat. If anyone has ever had these fish and had this problem and had it resolved please help. Any suggestions would be great.

Attachments

• image-3784274896.jpg
    image-3784274896.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom