Flourish and Leaf Zone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ceej

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Currently dosing Flourish Comprehensive once weekly after my pwc. Any advantage to using Leaf Zone with the Flourish?

Yeah, that's what I have. Haven't started using it yet.

I used it nd it does help, but moderate it because if u use to much algae will grow insane, but i use it wen i buy plants nd there a little beat up, it helps bring them back to life.

When should I use it? I do a PWC on Sunday and add Flourish Comp then. Should I add Leaf Zone with the Flourish or should I add it now in the middle of the week?

Ceej said:
When should I use it? I do a PWC on Sunday and add Flourish Comp then. Should I add Leaf Zone with the Flourish or should I add it now in the middle of the week?

It shouldnt make a difference, mayb add flourish nd then after an hour or two add leaf zone, i say this because mayb let one settle before adding the other one, but again it shouldnt matter. I have a 29gal in its second week of cycle, jus put some plants in last week nd today actually, i add leaf zone nd co2 boost every saturday until i see growth nd damged plants looking better. If algae starts i minimize dosage until everythin gets back under control, but like i said before algae can greatly break out overnight so jus keep a close watch. I added pictures of my new 29gal with plants, take a look if interested

It shouldnt make a difference, mayb add flourish nd then after an hour or two add leaf zone, i say this because mayb let one settle before adding the other one, but again it shouldnt matter. I have a 29gal in its second week of cycle, jus put some plants in last week nd today actually, i add leaf zone nd co2 boost every saturday until i see growth nd damged plants looking better. If algae starts i minimize dosage until everythin gets back under control, but like i said before algae can greatly break out overnight so jus keep a close watch. I added pictures of my new 29gal with plants, take a look if interested

Maybe I'll just add Leaf Zone tonight. Thank you for all the info. I'll definitely check out your 29g pictures.

No problem, feel free to personal message me with any other questions

I use Leaf Zone, but will be switching to Flourish (comprehensive).

API Leaf Zone is absolutely nothing like Seachem Flourish Comprehensive. API Leaf Zone contains only two nutrients: chelated iron and potassium

Quote:
Leaf Zone®

Plant Care

Promotes the lush, beautiful growth of aquatic plants. Leaf Zone is formulated for rapid absorption through plant leaves. Contains chelated iron and potassium essential for lush green leaves.

Whereas Seachem Flourish Comprehensive is a complete and balanced fertilizer with 15 of the most essential nutrients for proper plant growth.

Quote:
Guaranteed Analysis
Total Nitrogen 0.07%
Available Phosphate ( P2O5) 0.01%
Soluble Potash 0.37%
Calcium (Ca) 0.14%
Magnesium (Mg) 0.11%
Sulfur (S) 0.2773%
Boron (B) 0.009%
Chlorine (Cl) 1.15%
Cobalt (Co) 0.0004%
Copper (Cu) 0.0001%
Iron (Fe) 0.32%
Manganese (Mn) 0.0118%
Molybdenum (Mo) 0.0009%
Sodium (Na) 0.13%
Zinc (Zn) 0.0007%

So side by side, Flourish (comprehensive) For the Win !!

I use Leaf Zone, but will be switching to Flourish (comprehensive).

API Leaf Zone is absolutely nothing like Seachem Flourish Comprehensive. API Leaf Zone contains only two nutrients: chelated iron and potassium

Quote:
Leaf Zone®

Plant Care

Promotes the lush, beautiful growth of aquatic plants. Leaf Zone is formulated for rapid absorption through plant leaves. Contains chelated iron and potassium essential for lush green leaves.

Whereas Seachem Flourish Comprehensive is a complete and balanced fertilizer with 15 of the most essential nutrients for proper plant growth.

Quote:
Guaranteed Analysis
Total Nitrogen 0.07%
Available Phosphate ( P2O5) 0.01%
Soluble Potash 0.37%
Calcium (Ca) 0.14%
Magnesium (Mg) 0.11%
Sulfur (S) 0.2773%
Boron (B) 0.009%
Chlorine (Cl) 1.15%
Cobalt (Co) 0.0004%
Copper (Cu) 0.0001%
Iron (Fe) 0.32%
Manganese (Mn) 0.0118%
Molybdenum (Mo) 0.0009%
Sodium (Na) 0.13%
Zinc (Zn) 0.0007%

So side by side, Flourish (comprehensive) For the Win !!

Thanks. I know what's in both. I just wanted to know if using Leaf Zone would be that much of an added benefit. I just started using it as of 15 minutes ago. It can't hurt anything to test it out.

Thanks. I know what's in both. I just wanted to know if using Leaf Zone would be that much of an added benefit. I just started using it as of 15 minutes ago. It can't hurt anything to test it out.

No it won't hurt, I'd just say, don't waste money buying more. I use it, but my plants need a wider variety of supplements and I'm not ready to go with dry, so will be moving to Flourish next.

I use DIY root tabs also for additional health for my Crypts and my Swords.

What else would you suggest I use other than Leaf Zone? CO2 Booster? I have API Root Tabs in right now, also.

What else would you suggest I use other than Leaf Zone? CO2 Booster? I have API Root Tabs in right now, also.

I avoid CO2 in my Shrimp tanks, but for my fish tanks I do use a Carbon booster. I've got API for now, I worked at Petsmart for a time, so mine had API products.

Are you having issues with your plants? Mine grow well, I have to trim weekly or my stems take over.

If you diagnose a deficiency you can add a targeted supplement, like Flourish Iron or whatever you need.

This is a vid of my 10g Shrimp Jungle
Feeding time 10g Shrimp Jungle - YouTube

Some brown spots on my java fern, but they've only been in the tank for 2 weeks. Brown roots are coming off of the top of the leaves, so I'm hoping they turn into brand new leaves soon! I just figured without CO2 in my 29g and having 48w of T5HO light, I'd need more nutrients or a Co2 Booster of sorts since I don't want to deal with DIY CO2 (although I may buy the NutraFin CO2 kit)

Very healthy looking tank! When I set my 10g back up, that's what I'm aiming for.

Back
Top Bottom