Flourish Excel and camelion angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaiofcanada

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Question to expert planted aquarists...I recently upgraded to a high light fully planted tank for my 20 gallon. I have angelfish and a few community fish who all seem to be doing well, except my Blacklace Veiltail Angel. He turns nearly almost white whenever I dose with Flourish Excel...he also gets lethargic and hides in the back plants for a couple hours after the dosing EVERYtime. The other angels seem fine. He seems to regain his colour right around when he reemerges. He east fine and otherwise seems healthy, but definitely is reactive to the Excel. Has anyone else ever seen this?

I am not adding anything else to the tank besides Flourish Comprehensive once a week. I am currently dosing the tank every other day, 2ml, with Excel. My light is currently a 65W CL. Any chance that I can decrease the dose and increase the frequency and still maintain ample carbon for the plants?

excel can lower the amount of o2 in the water. i would try 1ml every day and see what happens.

1ml a day is working well with the Black Lace. He has not lost his colour the last two days and does not seem to notice the dosing. Thanks for the suggestion. Hopefully the plants will continue to thrive :)

Back
Top Bottom