Flourish glue on salt water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

savannafish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anyone heard of flourish glue? I saw it in a YouTube video of this girl setting up her freshwater tank, she put her plants on rocks with the glue any they stayed on it. I wanted to do that with my saltwater if anyone has used it (I wanted to attach my red algae to my live rock) do u think it would work/is safe for saltwater?

Flourish Glue is just cyanoacrylate, which is the exact same as most super glues. In my freshwater tank, I just bought cyanoacrylate from the Dollar Store ("Super Glue Gel") as it is the exact same thing and it worked out well, it cures immediately in water and there was/is no harm to fish, snails, shrimp, or plants. I have not personally used it in salt water but I have read that it is safe to do so. It does turn a slightly cloudy color when it cures, like the color of a little milk mixed with water, so it is not completely clear.

Flourish Glue is just cyanoacrylate, which is the exact same as most super glues. In my freshwater tank, I just bought cyanoacrylate from the Dollar Store ("Super Glue Gel") as it is the exact same thing and it worked out well, it cures immediately in water and there was/is no harm to fish, snails, shrimp, or plants. I have not personally used it in salt water but I have read that it is safe to do so. It does turn a slightly cloudy color when it cures, like the color of a little milk mixed with water, so it is not completely clear.

Ok, I guess I could use it and then just do a water change to make it not so cloudy... thanks for the info!!

Ok, I guess I could use it and then just do a water change to make it not so cloudy... thanks for the info!!

Oh, I mean that the glue itself turns cloudy, not the water. Since it hardens immediately when it touches water you will need to remove your rock from the water in order to attach it. If you can't do that you could use aquarium epoxy instead.

Oh, I mean that the glue itself turns cloudy, not the water. Since it hardens immediately when it touches water you will need to remove your rock from the water in order to attach it. If you can't do that you could use aquarium epoxy instead.

Ohhhhh I thought u meant the water turns cloudy, I will give it a try then. I am able to take out the rock so that will work perfectly!!

using the gel type will benefit you most as the reg crazy glue is very runny and hard to work with , the gel will stay were you put it and don't run all over making attaching things easier

using the gel type will benefit you most as the reg crazy glue is very runny and hard to work with , the gel will stay were you put it and don't run all over making attaching things easier

Ok will defiantly get some, thanks for the info!!

Back
Top Bottom