Flowerhorns craze

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mansen

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Any friends here rear flowerhorns? Plz share experiences. Thanx :)

Mansen said:
Any friends here rear flowerhorns? Plz share experiences. Thanx :)
I have 1 flower horn in my aquarium, can i mix it with a gar???

Cool fish but they are mean as can be . Usually don't do well with tankmates. So I keep mine alone in a 75 gallon.

Oh, but i have seen others that keeps the flowerhorn with other Same size fishes.

Ya true. Tink i will add a gar in to see its reactions. If aggresive, i will separate it with a divider. Will update the experiment. Haha. Thanx ya.

Anyway which countries flowerhorn is the best? And wats the lastest breed?

I don't keep up with them like that. I just got a male with all the spots and nice colors and I'm happy with that.

I used to keep 2 in a 4 ft tank.
The dominant one was very aggressive, kept bullying the other one until it got half fun left and missing scale.
But if kept alone, they are beautiful and entertaining to watch. Mine will 'twist' every time I went near the tank.

Here's the pic.

Attachments

• image-3894691097.jpg
    image-3894691097.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 115
Tink my gar was intimitated my the flower horn. Dun dare to eat my feeds. Separated them. Haizzzzz.

Sa1nt said:
I used to keep 2 in a 4 ft tank.
The dominant one was very aggressive, kept bullying the other one until it got half fun left and missing scale.
But if kept alone, they are beautiful and entertaining to watch. Mine will 'twist' every time I went near the tank.

Here's the pic.

OMG he's beautiful. I want to mate a pair

Yeah I miss him too.
Unfortunately he was too aggressive to live with other fish, he bullied an Oscar too.

I've had my Thai silk in with various cichlids for a few months. I bought him around 2" he's now 4-5". I made sure to buy him smaller than all the others, which seems to be ok so far. His kok is starting to form.
As for aggression, he doesn't even care about the other fish.
Although they all stay clear of him (Except for feeding time) . Not sure if it's in their instincts, or he's warned them, or what?

I've never seen him attack anything, stays to himself, but he does like to bite fingers and vacuums lol Doesn't get frightened at all during maintenance.

I know it's risky, I have a 75g iso tank if he gets nasty as he grows. So far, minimal aggression.. yellows are the bullies

I also move around the caves and rocks frequently to disturb territories.

Back
Top Bottom