Flushing membrane in RO/DI units

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agreed.... 5 minutes usually does the trick. I'll flush mine at the end of every production cycle, which is usually about 40 gallons at a time.

Thanks guys. I lost the track of time and ending up flushing it for 30min. Next time will watch clock more carefully.

Well, you didn't hurt anything, but you just added a few $$ to your water bill........ :D

Don't feel bad.... whenever I make RODI, I do laundry, running the waste line to fill the washing machine. ONCE I got into something else & forgot to set the timer and wound up flooding the washing machine & part of my basement....... :oops:

You learn the most from your mistakes........

Last edited:
I base mine on TDS..... since I've got a dual inline meter (one between membrane & resin, and the other after resin) I can monitor the condition of both the membrane & the resin. When the TDS out of the membrane begins to climb a point or two is when I flush, and that usually takes about 30-40 gallons.

I base mine on TDS..... since I've got a dual inline meter (one between membrane & resin, and the other after resin) I can monitor the condition of both the membrane & the resin. When the TDS out of the membrane begins to climb a point or two is when I flush, and that usually takes about 30-40 gallons.

That's how I do it as well.

Back
Top Bottom