Fluval aquasky timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mark_the_shark

Aquarium Advice Freak
Would anyone happen to know any compatible timers that could go with the fluval aquasky led light? My plants are being burnt. The timer that fluval sells has gotten horrible reviews.

Any timer should work. You can get a simple 5 bucks one or a strip with it built in

You can tape up some leds to. If you at least run it while at work it will be better than 24/7

You could cut a strip or 2 and whip stitch / sew it together with heavy duty fishing line or coat utility grade thread to cage it. Or tape!

The design of the Fluval ramp timer is garbage, but I'm using one with my Aquasky lights anyway. My menu button and down button work (the up button 'worked' for about two presses:banghead:), so if you don't mind scrolling forever it's not terribly difficult to set and works very well afterwards.

The Current USA ramp timers should work with them as well, and they seem to get much better reviews! I would have gone with one originally, but I wanted to get a timer set up before leaving on a vacation and the LFS only stocks the Fluval ramp timer and basic on-or-off models.

The design of the Fluval ramp timer is garbage, but I'm using one with my Aquasky lights anyway. My menu button and down button work (the up button 'worked' for about two presses:banghead:), so if you don't mind scrolling forever it's not terribly difficult to set and works very well afterwards.

The Current USA ramp timers should work with them as well, and they seem to get much better reviews! I would have gone with one originally, but I wanted to get a timer set up before leaving on a vacation and the LFS only stocks the Fluval ramp timer and basic on-or-off models.
So would you reccomend the fluval one?

I'd probably recommend the Current USA ramp timer, though I don't have one in my hands currently (one is on order for the wife's tank).

My point was mostly that if you do go with the Fluval Ramp Timer against all better judgement and reviews (like I did :lol:), it will work, it's probably just going to raise your blood pressure a few points whenever you need to set it. Try to be gentle, and hope it's the down and menu button that function if one has to fail. I might be wrong, but I don't think you'd be able to actually set anything other than 'sunrise' on 'output 1' if you get stuck with one that only has a functioning UP and menu button.

I'd probably recommend the Current USA ramp timer, though I don't have one in my hands currently (one is on order for the wife's tank).

My point was mostly that if you do go with the Fluval Ramp Timer against all better judgement and reviews (like I did [emoji38]), it will work, it's probably just going to raise your blood pressure a few points whenever you need to set it. Try to be gentle, and hope it's the down and menu button that function if one has to fail. I might be wrong, but I don't think you'd be able to actually set anything other than 'sunrise' on 'output 1' if you get stuck with one that only has a functioning UP and menu button.
After you set it do you neet to play with the settings later? I basically just need a timer to turn it off at night or once in the morning.

It's good to go once you set it unless your power goes out. Though I'd certainly steer you towards the Current USA models unless it's a situation like mine where you need one now and it's available at a local store.

It's good to go once you set it unless your power goes out. Though I'd certainly steer you towards the Current USA models unless it's a situation like mine where you need one now and it's available at a local store.
Would you happen to have an amazon link? I might buy one of those usa models.

Back
Top Bottom