For Sale: Fluval Chi 5g Rimless-Tank Only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had the Fluval Chi kit a while back and upgraded the filter and light. I have since upgraded to an ADA Mini-M, so I don't want or need this. If you live in the area of Des Moines you can come pick it up for $30. I might ship it if no one wants it locally, but it will be expensive. The dimensions are 10Wx10Lx12H inches. This would be a good tank for a betta, an African dwarf frog, or other nano fish. Note that there is the bracket for the filter/light box of the chi. I have not tried to remove it as I don't want to risk breaking the glass. You could try to remove it if you wanted.
Thanks for looking!
-maxwellag

Attachments

• IMG_1129.jpg
    IMG_1129.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1134.jpg
    IMG_1134.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1131.jpg
    IMG_1131.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 128
I am going to post this in craigslist too. I think shipping will cost about $15-25.

maxwellag said:
I had the Fluval Chi kit a while back and upgraded the filter and light. I have since upgraded to an ADA Mini-M, so I don't want or need this. If you live in the area of Des Moines you can come pick it up for $30. I might ship it if no one wants it locally, but it will be expensive. The dimensions are 10Wx10Lx12H inches. This would be a good tank for a betta, an African dwarf frog, or other nano fish. Note that there is the bracket for the filter/light box of the chi. I have not tried to remove it as I don't want to risk breaking the glass. You could try to remove it if you wanted.
Thanks for looking!
-maxwellag

Just an FYI- the bracket for the chi filter can be removed with a razor blade and some patience. I have the same tank and removed the bracket on mine that way. It's attached with black silicone. I use my chi as a pico reef. Good luck selling this one! It's a good little tank with many possibilities!

Bearchumjs said:
Just an FYI- the bracket for the chi filter can be removed with a razor blade and some patience. I have the same tank and removed the bracket on mine that way. It's attached with black silicone. I use my chi as a pico reef. Good luck selling this one! It's a good little tank with many possibilities!

I am aware of this, however I am not going to risk breaking the glass. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Back
Top Bottom