Fluval filter whoch one is good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustangman11224

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so after talking to some people on here I have decided to buy a fluval filter as my secondary filter. Only one problem, when I looked at fluval there are TONS of filters lol... I have a 36 gal tank and am kind of Nervous about an external filter leaking being that my tank is on the second floor. so I was looking through the many filters and there reviews and I think I'm going to go with a fluval 305/306I haven't read anything about them leaking or any catastrophes. Is this the right choice for my 36 gal? Or will this creat too much water agitation.
Thanks for the help
Dan

Hi Dan that is exactly the one I was going to recommend. I have several and have not had any problems.

By putting the output far enough below the surface you will be fine.

PS, this girl drives an all black (with matte black racing strips) 2012 GT. I LOVE my pony.

Ok thats what i thought thanks lol ill probably be buying it this week. and really Lol sounds like a nice stang. Are you apart of any mustang forums? I love my car too.... Not as new as yours I have a 2004 but a list of mods on her lol.. I probably would have been better off buying a newer one with the power they put out now lol. But still happy :)

If u are worried about water I would go with a aqua clear 50 it's a hang on the back but media is the same as canister filters u can put individual media in it and it won't leak. 305 fluval canisters are nice but will leak if canister goes bad I've had this happen personally. The aqua clear is a nice filter just look into it. Hope that helps u

Yes it's nice cause u can just swap media out with ease and no costly filters lol. I have 9 canister filters ranging from 205,304,306,404,405 and I love them but I have had an issue with the 404 leaking u would be ok to use one but just be cautious of the canister itself

Yea idk what to do because if the fluval leaks I really don't want to come home and see water coming out of the ceiling lol... But I want to make sure my fish get good water filtration ... The aqueon is good but it is only a charcoal filter. is that ok to just have one filter like that or should I get a better one... I just bought a water alarm to put next to a fluval if I get one.

Yea idk what to do because if the fluval leaks I really don't want to come home and see water coming out of the ceiling lol... But I want to make sure my fish get good water filtration ... The aqueon is good but it is only a charcoal filter. is that ok to just have one filter like that or should I get a better one... I just bought a water alarm to put next to a fluval if I get one.

The leaking filter horror stories are probably mostly due to lack of proper maintenance. I have the 406 and love it, it's a great filter and keeps crystal clear water. Just rinse out the foam(never the biomedia) and lubricate the rubber seal as recommended by the manufacturer and you should be fine. I live on the third floor so I know your concern but its probably an over reaction. The fluval c series and aquaclear HOBs are also good filters though

Ok lol thanks I think I will get the fluval then... I want something to keep my water nice and clean and I like all the filtration chambers it has. Thanks everyone for all the help!!!!! It has really helped lol

Back
Top Bottom