Fluval FX6 Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

navarrosarah

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have one of these that I really love. I just bought another one off of ebay for my 150 gallon tank. I got it all ready to go and put in the two gallons of water to prime it with and before I even got it connected to the tank, the water leaked all over the floor. It seems to be coming from the impeller housing unit. I opened it up and it looks okay, although I have never even opened up my other one so I am not entirely sure what it's supposed to look like. My husband usually deals with this type of stuff for me, but he is in Mexico for a few months. Any ideas what I can do to fix it? It's getting very frustrating and I need to get this filter on this tank very soon. Thanks.

Hi not got one of these so only going on my experience from my other filters.
Sounds like a sealer ring has either perished or even missing? Be a good idea to have a look at your other one and see if anything looks different? Also run your fingers along all edges and sealer rings and see if anything feels rough,gritty or lumpy. {hence stopping a proper seal} Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom