Fluval LED light canopy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ckdavis4

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have an LED light canopy and it is causing major algae growth. I have the fluval 29 gallon bowfront. Has anyone ever just put another light on the canopy?:)

I bought a led light kit from lowes. It came with a sticky strip that contains the LEDs. I just stuck that to the inside of the reflector on my aqueon lights beside the fluorescent bulb. I use it on a timer as a blue night time or moon light in conjunction with the fluorescents during the day. You could just add more light strips to the reflector if one is not bright enough. I'm not sure how well it will grow plants though. Or you could try reducing the amount of time your light is on. Also if it's in direct sunlight from a window that could also be a cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

LEDs are great because they provide abundant light and use less power. I would add some live plants to deny nutrients to the algae. Floating plants will achieve that plus provide some shade.

Back
Top Bottom