Fragging tools

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Photoevangelist

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my LFS guy in Korea told me he doesn't sell frag tools so he looked online to help me find some but couldn't find the tools anywhere online. He showed me some of his tool which he said aren't sold anymore and told me maybe I should try to order them from a US-based store.

Any suggestions on where I can purchase fragging tools?

Are freshwater plant tweezers and scissors ok for fleshy jasmine type polyps? What kind of knife for my leather and mushrooms? I'm a bit nervous as this would be my first attempt at fragging.

How would I frag button polyps (without cutting the rock-just get the polyps off and onto another rock)? If possible. For my torch corals, don't I need bone cutters?

I saw a really nice kit on amazon.com , but it was expensive like $65. but it came with like 8-10 tools and a case. If your interested in spending that much I'll post a link but it was a bit high priced for me, but if your fragging a lot for profit it would be worth it.

$30 bucks for shipping, wow! Maybe I can make some return from fragging. I looked at some other sets and this one looked like the one for me. Thanks!

image-3031711085.jpg

What the fudge?! It's hot pink! Picture showed it as an army green colored case.

image-886482929.jpg

...and has bleach marks!

I ordered the Dissekt-rite Ultimate Coral Fragging Kit from TB Aquatics new and at full price (I chose them be they are one of the only ones to ship internationally). This isn't good business.

I feel bad. That sucks. Especially that that's a premium kit, it isn't like some $12 cobbled together kit from eBay.

Saratj1 said:
I feel bad. That sucks. Especially that that's a premium kit, it isn't like some $12 cobbled together kit from eBay.

Not your fault you suggested a great kit, TB Aquatics are the ones that messed this up.

I sent a formal letter to TB Aquatics, but received an informal letter in lower case like a teenager wrote it. There was no wrapping or box on the product and had the, what looks to be, spilt bleach marks on it - yet quickly defended that it wasn't a used product and that it comes in random colors with no real apology. But hot pink? Please! Any other color would be ok. They said if I return it they would replace it. I already paid over $30 in overseas shipping. I just want a new case.

That's strange... I've actually had really good luck with them, twice. One of my orders was for a small fan, which was broken upon delivery, to which they sent a new one that same day. I'll keep your experience with them in mind going forward, that's frustrating...

They expected me to pay my own international shipping to return in back. Not gonna drop another $30 bucks for shipping. Just won't ever do business with them again. Not once did they apologize for the condition. Poor customer service IMO.

Back
Top Bottom