Freshwater Angel constipation emergency help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larougeraven

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I'm extremely worried about my freshwater angel. She seems very constipated and is swimming around all weird like. I've tried to get her to eat mushed peas and minced garlic, but she doesnt seem to want to eat. I feel if she doesnt soon, I'm going to lose her.

I didn't noticed until today that she was massively constipated. I recently moved the tank has been moved for about 1.5 weeks now. She when I first tried to take her from the tank she jumped out onto the carpet. I got her back in the water, traveled across town in a car with her. Everything then seemed fine. Stressful for everyone.

My boyfriend wanted to feed them blood worms and accidentally dropped in two. Since I had so many fish eating them, I thought it was okay. The next day the filter was clogged and overflowing. So we had to empty most of the tank to move it. While the water was at a low point, the other angel started attacking her and she tried to lay flat under the filter. I got her out. When the tank was back with full water. She had white marks on her (shes full black). I added aquarium salt to help. Assumed it was from the heater, the attack, or me trying to move her. That all happened last Thursday.

She didnt want to eat anything, I was just assuming it was from all the stress happening. I was watching her, seeing if she would eat, she would eat maybe one pellet. It wasnt until today that she started swimming funny, staying in the top corner, resting next to the filter (I keep moving her). This is when i saw she looked super bloated. I'm worried that with it already being a week. If she doesnt eat the peas or garlic I'm going to lose her.

Back
Top Bottom