Freshwater test kit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alia258

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm looking for a freshwater test kit, one that tests pH, nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, copper, and calcium. I was hoping someone on here could help me find a cheaper one, and I wanted one that uses all liquid instead of paper ( I recently learned in chemistry that paper tests aren't as accurate as the liquid ones) so, does anyone on here know where I could get one for really cheap?

Amazon.com has the API Master test kit for around $20 and free shipping if you spend $25. That's where I get mine from.

Do you know of anything useful and aquarium oriented to get the 5 more dollars and free shipping? Frets for anacharis and a big mystery plant maybe?

I had the same problem with trying to spend 5 more dollars lol. I ended up just getting something not aquarium oriented. You might need something I didn't though. Type in aquarium whatever ie decorations, gravel, etc then click on it to list it prices from lowest to highest and see what it comes up with.

Just looked up the kit on amazon. They took the free shipping off but lowered the price to $16.72.

Okay, thanks ^^ I think I'll get some liquid fertalizer, I have a few melting plants and need some nutrition in my tank ^^ or maybe refrigerated BB? So many possibilities! ^^

If you do some across the one with free shipping, I'm looking at other aquarium items and see breeder nets for $6-$8. I saw one of your other threads where you talked about breeding some fish. You could get those.

The API freshwater test kit only tests ph, ammo, nitrites, and nitrates doesn't it? Cuz that's all I have

I guess I can get a seperate kit for copper and calcium when I buy shrimp and my lfs. I have a plan for a DIY tank divider, because I don't like the idea of stressing out my preggo fishy in a birthing box, so I'll just let the healthy ones hide in the plants, an momma can't really eat too many (and I hear they start to multiply fast anyway) I'm thinking about getting a 40g so I can have a bristlenose pleco ^^ I'll have to check on there for one! :)

Back
Top Bottom