Freshwater White Lobster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cindyk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 gallon freshwater tank filled mostly with 3 large gourami fish, several tetras, guppies and platy's. I also have some cardinal tetras. We recently bought a white freshwater lobster as the pet store said they were generally shy, stuck to themselves and bottom feeders. I have noticed him going after my smaller fish and today he clawed one of the gourami's in the head. I still have 2 weeks to return him and I am seriously considering it. Does anyone know what the long term effect of the lobster in the tank is? Will he get more aggressive and wipe out my tank? I thought he would be a neat addition but I am seriously rethinking my decision. Any suggestions would be welcome! Thanks!

Shy doesn't mean not aggressive. He will most likely kill all of the fish on the tank and I also believe the tropical temperatures for a lobster is less than ideal, but don't qoute me, on that.
~Zac

Yes lobsters may be shy but that has nothing to do with being aggressive or not. They are very opportunistic and will jump at anything that encroaches in their turf. I would suggest to take it back and do some more research prior to making purchases.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Back
Top Bottom