Freshwatershaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brospace4

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can u keep one male redtail/rainbow dhark with the rope fish. Would the bichir eat it

Yes you can. However if the tank is not the correct size you may see some scrapes. I have a delhezi bichir with a male rainbow shark and they could care less about one another. If the tank is at least 75 gallons yes you can. I hope you have a very very large tank, Reedfish (ropefish) can get 3 feet. They need lots of room to swim and there's many other bichirs out there that don't get anywhere near as large as a ropefish but if you have a proper tank keep it, just a suggestion. A ropefish will need at least 150 gallons by the way.

Yes you can. However if the tank is not the correct size you may see some scrapes. I have a delhezi bichir with a male rainbow shark and they could care less about one another. If the tank is at least 75 gallons yes you can. I hope you have a very very large tank, Reedfish (ropefish) can get 3 feet. They need lots of room to swim and there's many other bichirs out there that don't get anywhere near as large as a ropefish but if you have a proper tank keep it, just a suggestion. A ropefish will need at least 150 gallons by the way.

Im getting a 55 gallon

Ok that's not enough for a ropefish, maybe for a year but that cannot be a permanent home.

Back
Top Bottom