Friends for rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdpuffer

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am on good terms with my LFS and provided he goes for it I'm going to try and trade in my yellow labs and ventralis to get some electric blue rams(if he can get me some that is) I have a 29g I am planning to redo and make a nice community tank. I'm kinda anal so I want to set something up natural and get some other fish to go along with the rams(preferably schooling fish) that are part of thier natural environment. I am looking for suggestions as to suitable tankmates that meet these criteria.

Neons and rummy nose tetras are both peaceful and from SA. Same with otos. Personally, I would recommend a large school or neons and black neons and a trio of otos.

Well here is what I went with. I've been thinking of a community tank with rams ever since I saw some a month or so ago so I finally bit the bullet. I traded in my yellow labs, ventralis and upside down cats to completely redo the tank. Got some mopani drift wood, jungle vals, 10 cardinal tetras and my pair of GBR, I love how it looks.

LOL! That's great, looks really good! I laugh because I did the same type of thing a couple months ago. HAD to have a pair of rams so over time I moved out my cherry barbs, rainbow, 1 angel (just would NOT get along!) and added black neons, flame von rios, and a pair of GBR. The rams are really fun and colorful! Enjoy!

well this is basically what the tank looked like before today. i think its a big improvement. i cant stop looking at it lol, the cardinals roaming around are stunning.

well this is basically what the tank looked like before today. i think its a big improvement. i cant stop looking at it lol, the cardinals roaming around are stunning.
Wow, that is a big improvement. Personally, I rhink plants really MAKE tropical tanks. They lood naked without them.

Ya I think it's a big improvement also. Plus the fish are much more peaceful than my
Yellow labs. They made my eyes hurt to watch them.

Well I got home from being away at work all week. On my home I picked up a new piece of drift wood from my LFS which is kinda hollowed out so it is similar to a cave and my rams seem to love it. I was also very happy to see that my rams look to have paired up. I am positive I have a male and a female. Bonus considering I order more rams so I could establish a pair, which didn't come in. That darned Murphy guy finally works for me lol.

Back
Top Bottom