Frontosas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JRacey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anybody know ways to sex frontosas?

image-3212273227.jpg

I'm going to get a pair and try to breed them. Ways to sex them?

Venting is the only way. And the site TCC sent you to is an awesome site full of great people.

As far as breeding goes you are going to need to get a colony minimum 5 fish 1 male to 3 or 4 female ratio in a very large tank 180 minimum. Best to go with 2 males and 5-6 females in case the one male doesn't breed. There are allot of experienced breeders on the site TCC directed you to. Best of luck.

Actually now, I probably shouldn't get any. I mean don't get me wrong their a beautiful fish to keep. But my biggest tank is a 55 and my other three are 20's. So I guess after doing more research on how much room the fish need, I might as well not get any

Actually now, I probably shouldn't get any. I mean don't get me wrong their a beautiful fish to keep. But my biggest tank is a 55 and my other three are 20's. So I guess after doing more research on how much room the fish need, I might as well not get any

You made the right choice, they are too big for a 55. Do you want to get African cichlids?

20 just have a crabro mbuna.
20 I have another pair of convicts that I've been breeding and selling.
20. Pair of demasoni in trying to breed

If you really like Frontosa but don't have the room. You can get a Tretacephalus. They call them the poor mans Frontosa. I actually think they are more beautiful than Frontosa. You can fit them in the 55 but you will have to rehome the oscars. They can be quite nasty so should be fine with your convicts.

PS if you do consider them don't the let the name "poor man" fool you they are a little on the pricer side about $30 bucks each when I see them.

Back
Top Bottom