FRY are being eaten what do i do?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolance

Aquarium Advice Freak
There are tiny little glofish fry all in my rocks and my glofish are hitting the rocks making the babies swim out then they eat them. I siphoned water into my bucket and put my glofish in there. The pleco is stil in the tank. What should I do? Should I go buy a ten gallon to put these fish in for now or just a bubbler for this bucket? Here's a pic of the fry. How long till they are able to swim around. I have no clue what to do help please.

Attachments

• image-2395033914.jpg
    image-2395033914.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 131
Here's some more. There's green ones and orange ones.

Attachments

• image-2145198254.jpg
    image-2145198254.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 81
  • image-1153623261.jpg
    image-1153623261.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 90
Looks like they are trying to get out of rocks. Should I help them by moving rocks?

Regardless of how you do it, you could separate the fry from the adult fish if you want to save as many as possible. Either remove the fry or remove the adult fish. Whichever ones get removed need to be kept in a temperature controlled container - so I'd get an extra 10 gallon tank. They're pretty cheap on craigslist anyways.

im removing the adults and im about to go to walmart and buy a ten gallon starter. can i just do a fish in cycle with all my adult fish in it and hope the fry survive in my five gallon? a bunch are our of the rocks but the filter took some in the back of the tank : (

it's probably a good idea to cover the filter intake with a sponge. Or you could turn it off and use a bubbler and do regular water changes. Fry won't produce much ammonia. cycling may not be difficult if your current tank is established. you can just take some of the filter media from it and put it in the new filter. you can use any fish to cycle a tank, you just have to make sure that ammonia and nitrite stay within safe ranges.

How are you even able to make them reproduce? I have one fat female orange glofish and one red male glofish and they haven't laid eggs yet. The eggs will probably not hatch because of the parasites I got from some plants at walmart.:(

Idk how they reproduced. I've been having them for about a year and this is the first time I've noticed fry. I have all glofish danios but some will just be regular danios if they live because if you mix colors they come out as a regular zebra danio. I just hope I can keep them alive.

I just bought a sponge and some cheese cloth. Imma try that out and figure out how imma make it stay down there in front of those holes. I might can take that back white piece out and tie it down there with fishing string maybe

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom