Fry ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joan0000

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Bought a new aquarium plant the other day and a couple days later found these fry in my tank any ID would be muchly appreciated thanksIMG_20210323_094720_516.jpg

Very tiny....in a shrimp tank...no fish

Bought a new aquarium plant the other day and a couple days later found these fry in my tank any ID would be muchly appreciated thanksView attachment 320336

Very tiny....in a shrimp tank...no fish

As Mother of fish said, it's too small to identify specie but I can tell you that it's not from a livebearing fish specie. It does look like it's in the final stages of absorbing a yolk sac so any egg laying fish is a possibility. Hope you are able to raise it up so you can tell us what it was. (y)

Thanks Andy...knew it was not a live bearer...have those all the time. The two mystery fish are still very small anot a quarter of the size of a new born live bearer and now have a very shiny strip on them like a neon but silver instead of blue. They are growing so hopefully will keep them alive so we can get an ID

123983-albums14850-picture72822.jpg

Almost looks like some kind of killifish or rice fish. Could make sense since odds are the aquarium plants are farmed in a place where wild fish can come into contact with the plants. Since most farmed aquarium plants come from Florida some type of wild killi is a definite possibility.

Back
Top Bottom