fry Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robertselbe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have 6 week old fry. about 100. they are about 1/2 inch long. i separated them from the community tank they are doing well but i have no idea what kind of fish they are growing into. these pics are at 1 month i'll try and get some new ones soon. thanks 4 any help

Attachments

• Fry 1 month 020.jpg
    Fry 1 month 020.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Fry 1 month 059.jpg
    Fry 1 month 059.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 62
just the fry. thought the parents were eating them so they went back to the shop. dont remember what they were? stupid i know but i new and learning.

up dated pics

an up dated pic. any id???

Attachments

• Picture 006a.jpg
    Picture 006a.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 73
Kribs or kribensis is my guess. Looks like a cichlid and they are prolific spawners.

Now what do I do with over 100 convict chilids?

Wonderful, here I am knew and I thought maybe I had some babies to talk about. So they just keep producing?.! I do appreciate everyones help. What would you do with them (I saved about 140 or so)?

Convicts are SA Cichlids and produce like CRAZY. You will have hundreds of fry unless you seperate the parents.

I took the parents back to the store after the babies were born. I thought they were attacking the other fish. (the female Gourami) and (the blood parrot). I was told they were parrots with closed mouths at the store, when I bought them. I know better now.

The best thing to do with the babies is give them away. Many people use them as feeders for larger fish. They aren't worth anything if they are convicts.

Just leave the parents and fry in your community tank and then let nature take its course. IM sure the fish in your tank would like a healthy snack.

ha ha

ya I get the point. My wife is going to be #### she babied these babies and I have to break the News that these fish are not parrots or really anything worth your time.:)

I did some research. These are Dwarf Jellybean Convict. Thanks for everyone's help.

Back
Top Bottom