Funnest fish for young children?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I second the crayfish idea - kids are fascinated by them. But you would only need a 20-29 for that.

BGK is an awesome fish but it is purely nocturnal, so not much fun.

Severums are great fish too - a little quarky, but nice fish you can keep in a community tank.

Pearl gouramis aren't very interactive with the outside world, but are plenty interactive with each other. My 5 are almost always together.

Great thing about oscars is how fast they grow, so you won't have to wait a long time for the fish to get big.

Goldfish are a great choice for such a large tank too.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Before starting this post I was slightly inclined towards goldfish - and they seem to be the most popular suggestion.

The tank is going to go in the frog room so "supervised visits" are already a prerequisite. But I will probably put the tank higher as suggested.

How about a Senegal bichir. My nephew (and me as well) loves my dad's especially when it lay's a the front of the tank.

I think that angelfish would be great because they recognize when you are in the room and they get big fairly quickly

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom