Fuzz on dwarf sag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stinnettjosh

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i picked up some dwarf sag today and its got this fuzzy looking stuff and im not really sure what it is. I got it with some java moss and they were bagged together but this looks nothing like the moss.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398365113.444912.jpg

I have that on a few of my grassy plants as well. I think it's thread algae or staghorn algae. It started off single strand so I thought thread, but now it is more bushy and branched, so I wonder staghorn. I have another post about it that I just started. Hopefully we will both find out! :) I'm using H2O2 to get rid of the algae right now. I couldn't pick it off. It was stuck tightly.

That looks like thread or hair algae or possibly stag horn algae . I would get rid of that if it was me. I would not have put that in my tank. It will spread if that's what it is.

Ok thanks, ive got in a peroxide bath right now and then ill pick off what i can so hopefully that fixes it.

It's either staghorn or spirogyra (sp?) Hope it's not the latter. That's difficult to get rid of.

Back
Top Bottom