Fuzzy Cardinal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

K69ace

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This little guy has had this fungus in him for two weeks. It just gets bigger and bigger.
I tried Marineland all-in-one remedy because I thought it was ich at first. That didn't work. Then this week melafix and pimafix.
Hope these work.

But this is one tough cardinal. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409000202.876839.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1409000210.508447.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1409000219.152429.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1409000202.876839.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's nasty looking, what's up with the tank? Who's in it? How big? You testing and changing that water of yours?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The tests are fine. The water looks cloudy now cause I just dosed with pimafix. It's a 25gallon. Four cardinals, one neon, 5 cherry barbs, two guppies, one redtip shark, one pearl gourami. one dwarf sunrise, two corys, two angels and an African filter shrimp.

I change the water 50% once a week, it's fully planted and over oxygenated. Been set up for months like this nonissue until this fungus in this guy.

I just took him out into quarantine salted bowl. Then took him out, and used a qtip to put some H2O2. Peroxide in his fungus.
Seems to be doing ok.

Yah, that tank is pretty over stocked, you say the tests are fine? What are you testing with?

My GH and KH are about 105. We have very hard water here. The ammonia is 0-.05, nitrates and nitrites are low/zero. And ph is running at 7.5-7.6.

When the fish grow, I'll get a bigger tank. All pretty small now. Even Pearl Gourami is only 2"

You using a.liquid kit? Cycled tanks shouldn't have any nitrite or ammonia and I'm guessing your nitrates would be around 30. I think your having water quality issues that are stressing the fish and leaving them susceptible to infections and what have you. Either move some fish or start doing 2 40% wc's a week.. mela/Pima fix ain't touching that guy.. either up the meds or give him the ice bucket challenge..

Aww yeah everyone else is ok. I'll up to 40 twice a week no worries. Yes a liquid api master kit. No carbon or purigen in the filter now due to medications but usually have both in my aqueon 30 power filter. It's just a regular filter.

Thanks for your advice!!

That's a heavily stocked tank, it's not impossible but you'll need to up your game. Those aqueon filters arnt worth a.. with the stock cartridges, you'd be best to get some cut to Fit poly, biomax and course sponge and pack that puppy like it's thanksgiving or just get an ac or c series;)

What's the AC or C series? Brand?

Can I do water changes while medicating? It's says after 7 days do water change.

Back
Top Bottom