GBR and apisto. cacatouides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blizowman1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
will these two fish coexist.i am running a 29g with dual t5 fixture, and a aquaclear 70.....i currently have 8 pristella tetras 2 corys and 1 albino bristlenose pleco, A JAVA FERN JAVA MOSS BANANA PLANT WISTERIA AND A ANUBIUS NANA.....ive seen the gbr and the apisto. cacatouides i would like a pair of each would this work iw ant to add atleast another 4 corys and maybe a school of 6 neons. Any suggestions would be awesome please let me know

It's hard to say with to pairs as when they breed they will become very aggressive.I have two female gbrs and 1 red male cockatoo Cichlid and the gbrs sometimes pick on the cockatoo so I think it would be touch an go.

will the gbr definantly spawn or is it like other fish they have to have just the right everything

blizowman1 said:
will the gbr definantly spawn or is it like other fish they have to have just the right everything

They will spawn if it's a pair in the right ph raising the fry is another thing survival rate is low

I breed GBR golden and Bolivian rams and my favorite golden blue rams

so are the cockatoos any easier cause I know the don't get as big as the gbr

Back
Top Bottom