GBR genders???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Istrom

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all, I'm having some trouble putting a gender on all three of my new blue rams, I know that females have red abdomens during spawning, and all that kind of stuff but I can't put my finger on it for any of them myself. Take a look.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407872933.620236.jpg
^Ram 1 that always hangs around ram 2

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407872995.279071.jpg
^Ram 2 that always hangs around ram 1

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407873026.839694.jpg
^Ram 3 that doesn't seem to ever be near the other rams

Please help lol, I'm so confused...

Im not an expert but #1 and 3 looks like a male #2 female

Sent from my 801EM using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Even if you aren't an expert it's good to have someones opinion :) Plus that would make sense, #1 and #2 might be paired and #3 could be a male that the paired male keeps chasing off.

They are a little young to sex but #1 is defiantly a male. #2 could be a girl but could be a young male... If it has a pink belly it's a girl. #3 looks like a male but stressed out. #1 is prolly the dominant male so he won't show his full coloring. Hope this helps ;)

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It's a boy

Car. Boy.. op, it's tough to tell, they are young and void of identifying traits.. look for a pink belly and a iridescent spot only on females..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would say that's a boy as his dorsal fin is also quite pointed to a spike. As well as his front fins are quite long as I believe in a female are quite shorter. But I may be wrong. I just picked up 4 GBR but mine are still young so identifying them is a bit tough.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408605761.838769.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

In that picture I would say the one in the foreground(front) is a male, the one in the midground(middle) is a male and the one in the background(very back) is a female

Back
Top Bottom