Gbta with stringy/wrinkly tentacles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got a Gbta a couple of days ago. The girl who sold it to me took a picture of it before she gave it to me. The tentacles are stringy/wrinkly looking. Is that normal? She said she had t5s but idk how much bulbs or size. If that isnt normal will good conditions and lighting help the tentacles become roundish?

Here a pic of what they look like when she sent a pic to me.

image-904349419.jpg

So it's been a week since I've had these anemones. Not expecting any signs of recovery or anything but I was wondering if anyone else knows why these anemone's tentacles are curled up/stringy? I was wondering if it will eventually become rounded. I have one pretty high up on the rockscape, prob like 4 inches from the surface and the other in the middle/bottom. I have a 216 watt 4 bulb t5.

image-2952689244.jpg

image-2050580135.jpg

image-3344299190.jpg

Still doesn't look happy, that's for sure. But why bta bubble I'd actually unknown and doesn't always happen. I have 2 bta, one bubbles the other doesn't.

Yeah I don't really mind if it bubbles or not it's just that it's tentacles look really wrinkled. I'm pretty sure they didn't look like this when the girl who gave me these first got them. Hopefully it will round back up but idk if it could.

What type of bulbs are you running? Petco bulbs won't cut it, but if you are using something like ATI coral plus bulbs, you will see a difference. I have a 96w quad T5HO with ATIs, I am keeping sps and clams just fine.

Readingexcalibur said:
What type of bulbs are you running? Petco bulbs won't cut it, but if you are using something like ATI coral plus bulbs, you will see a difference. I have a 96w quad T5HO with ATIs, I am keeping sps and clams just fine.

This is a brand new fixture. Im using the bulbs that came with the fixture. Could you explain to me what ATI are? Is it a brand? Also, do certain bulbs have more watts then others? I have 54 watts each bulb.

ATI bulbs are just a high quality bulb. When it comes to corals and anemones, wattage doesn't necessarily matter. Consider this, you are using 54w bulbs and I am using 24w bulbs. I am keeping high light corals and inverts without issues.

What it comes down to is, what kind of PAR is your bulbs pushing out. PAR is the amount of light particles hitting a certain area at any given time. I found ATI bulbs to give off a heavy amount of PAR and this has been extremely important in the development of my reef. Let me know whether not this makes sense. I have include to links that should help you.

http://blog.captive-aquatics.com/ca...r-and-reef-aquarium-lighting-what-is-par.html

http://www.atinorthamerica.com/bulbs.php

Back
Top Bottom