german blue ram question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So will using ro/di water benefit my rams in any way? I have co2 so my ph is around 7.4 but I am more then happy to get ro/di water for them if it will increase color, health, or breeding. Let me know I know they are "fine" without it but that's not what I'm looking for.

I don't think it's necessary for them to thrive. Mine have spawned in conditioned and treated tap water.

CleverBs said:
Well I'm looking to breed mine so I want them to breed regularly will soft water promote more frequent breeding.

My tap water is pretty soft to begin with, so I don't have to soften it at all. But it depends on where you live.

Well I'm looking to breed mine so I want them to breed regularly will soft water promote more frequent breeding.

I think that DI water will help egg/wiggler development. I've heard that fungus is pretty common in harder water.

Mine just spawned recently in a 10G treated tap water - my tank is on the heavy side with plants and they are the dominant fish in it - I think that matters too - less stress defending their turf, etc... picture is not great but video shows fry.....

German Blue Ram Fry - YouTube

Attachments

• DSCN5970.jpg
    DSCN5970.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom