german blue rams aggresive toward other tankmates...help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orlly16

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I just wanted some input to see if anyone is having or had the same occurences as me...well I have one pair of german blue rams about 5 months old. They have become aggresive toward other tankmates during feeding in a specific spot in the tank...oh btw I have a 55 gallon tank with 3 clown loaches and a red tail shark. Idk if theyre pairing up just now or are these fish usually aggresive during feeding??

Wow that's earlier than I thought lol.
I just noticed it today but they get real aggresive when I fed them algae wafers...idk if they got aggresive bc of that, but they wouldnt let any of my fish near it. They both teamed up and drove em away. They sit at the same spot for 2 to 3 min then swim away, then they come back...what do you think??

That sounds typical of sinking foods, my rams did the same with some bottom feeder tablets I used to feed. It could just be food control. As for the spot I don't see them spawning on the ball but they could be scouting it out for future spawns.

Im getn another pair of gbr this weekend from the same breeder. Hopefully their aggression will go down. Another question... all of my water parameters are fine except my ph is at 8.0, domyou think my gbr will spawn in such high ph?

I doubt that they will. That's actually extremely high. They can handle more than many will give gbrs credit for but I've never heard of anyone keeping that high.

Yea me either thsts y I asked lol...I dripped acclimated them for 2 hours. Theyve been going good for 2 weeks, eating and colorful , no signs of stress

Back
Top Bottom