getting ready for plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neil_04

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey guys have a regular hood single bulb, is this going to be enough light to grow plants in my 37 gal tall, i feel like its really far from the bottom of the tank does it make a difference? if so what do you recomend im up for all suggestons

depends on what type of plants you are looking to have and whether you are going to do co2. I believe over 2 wpg (watts per gallon) you need co2. You also need a bulb that is in the 6500-10000 spectrum. what type of bulb is on the hood and how many watts is it?

[edit]
I dont know a lot i am just preping you for the buy guys questions like fort and others :D

maybe you can try crypts anubias java ferns and moss and see if they live. good start is to figure out how much light you have over the tank.

i purchased some java fern and moss and have had it for about a week now it seems to be doing well my lighting is a little low its 20 watts in a 37 gallon but im working on a wood hood to house to bulbs so i can mix and match

Yeah, you have pretty low lighting right now. Java fern and moss might do ok, but I think more light would help it. A custom hood is the way to go! I suggest T5 HO lighting whenever you redo the hood. You can find the retro kits several places on the internet. That is probably the best lighting for taller tanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom