Getting rid of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cauterox04

Aquarium Advice Activist
I decided to get rid of my tiger barbs because they don't get along with any other fish. I am restocking my 29 gallon but upgrading to a 55 within a mouth or so. What do you guys think would be a nice build for this tank. I either wanna go a really nice center piece fish with other little ones around it idk what to do. Someone please help me thanks everyone

Upgrading to a 55. Well there are lots of things you could do. Do you have any fish right now? Maybe we could work them into a cool set up?

2 Angels, 10 larger tetras (so they don't become Angel snacks!), 5 Corycats, sand substrate, a couple nice plants....

2 Goldfish (your favorite type), 20 White cloud mountain minnows, A simple scape. (cold water fish)

German Blue Rams, A mystery snail, 10 tetras.

There are sooooo many possibilities!

cichlid tank. A bunch of bright colored platy fish.

Several schools of smaller fish (this is my favorite type of tank to relax to. Makes for very calm feeling) Tetras: 10 neons, 10 blushing, 10 green neons, 10 bleeding heart....a couple of oto catfish or cory cats as clean up crew....

General rule of thumb for goldfish is 20 gallons for the first fish and 10 gallons for every additional fish.

I can't say enough good things about this book I've been reading, The Easy guide to Freshwater Aquariums by Boruchowitz. It has a ton of stocking schemes for 29 And 55 gallon tanks that are well researched and thought out. My copy was published in 2001 so it's probably cheap on Abe Books website.

Back
Top Bottom