Getting started with plNting, help please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paytertot

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I'm planning on getting another tank soon and I want it to be pretty heavily planted. I have no idea what i need for a planted tank, so if anyone has any good links, that would be great.

Well, it all depends on your lighting. Some setups you can just put in plants and let them rip. Others might need some money invested in upgrading the light fixture first. What size tank and lighting setup do you have?

I just know I want it to have lots of plants. It's going to have either angels or discus in it. And small tetras and stuff. But that's about it. I mean I don't know what to say my goals are because I don't know anything about planted tanks. I just really was looking for links mostly. Since this is such a general topic.

Ok so I'm going to be buying a 46 gallon bow front tank. I think my biggest and first concern is lighting.

paytertot said:
Ok so I'm going to be buying a 46 gallon bow front tank. I think my biggest and first concern is lighting.

I have a 46 gallon bow tank and I upgraded my lighting to 2 x 39w t5ho ( over the top fixture ) and it works great

Back
Top Bottom