getting started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
i set up a 30 gallon and put in some stuff from ati,not sure if i got that right.instant cycling.ive been running it fishless for 4 days now i have to decide what kind of fish to get.i have a 75 gallon salt water and i do well with the salt but im new to fresh water.was thinking of getting neons,the yellow orange and pink ones.are they hardy?

Neon Tetras are not very hardy. Those instant cycling products don't always work. Have they worked for you?

greetings.

the genetically mutated danio rerio, GloFish is under suspicion from various aquarists as having early deaths, i remember reading they suposedly lasted about a year for most of the users. i didn't think much of it, but turned out my glofish didn't survive much more than a year either. it's a shame, mutated for a noble cause and introduced into the aquarium sale because of their bright colors.
i wouldn't recommend getting them.

sincerely,
nereksnad.

i set up a 30 gallon and put in some stuff from ati,not sure if i got that right.instant cycling.ive been running it fishless for 4 days now i have to decide what kind of fish to get.i have a 75 gallon salt water and i do well with the salt but im new to fresh water.was thinking of getting neons,the yellow orange and pink ones.are they hardy?

Have you added an ammonia source? If not you're tank isn't cycling even though you've added the bacteria booster. Have you tested your water for ammonia, nitrites & nitrates?

Back
Top Bottom