Glad To Be Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dudie419

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone! My name is Anna Marie and I’m from Parma, Oh, a suburb of Cleveland. I am in the process of restarting a 30-gallon aquarium with goldfish. I totally dismantled my old aquarium about a year ago. I just bought a new tank and am in the process of getting a new stand. I’m glad there is a place to go for advice rather than a chain pet store. I look forward to getting a member.

Welcome - same thought, fancy goldfish here get really big and need space to turn around / not jag that tail on something.

I think anything more than two once full grown will put a heavy bioload on your tank. Then you are looking at sick fish or having to change out water constantly to maintain water quality.

Thanks for the info. I was at one of the chain pet stores and the clerk told me 3 would be fine. I think the info you all are giving me is sound. I'll just get 2. I'm glad I found all of you.

The problem with pet store clerks is they generally have limited knowledge about fish keeping and they are trying to sell product over doing what's right. I frequent my local box store to check out fish and buy frozen food and I constantly catch conversations of employees giving people with no experience bad advice. I need to find out if they work on commission.

What are you using for filtration?

Back
Top Bottom