GLOFISH PH ammonia help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carolinejune

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I recently bought 3 glofish. Two of them died two days after purchase. I wanted to add more glofish since hes a community fish, but I wanted to test the water before adding more. I recently purchased the API masterkit. It says that my PH level is high 8.2 range. Ammonia is at .25 -.5, Nitrite, Nitrate is low. I know I should do a water change its been two weeks, but I was wondering what water solutions I should buy. The guy at petsmart said if I let the waters sit for 24 hours then it would be fine. I've had had a 20 gallon fish tank before and they never died this quickly. I'm pretty new to this whole chemical thing any advise would be great thanks. I currently have a 10 gallon tank with a 10 gallon filter.

Could be a few things. How old is the tank? When you cycled your filter, how long did that take? This process takes 3-8 weeks to complete before any fish should be added. What are ALL your numbers for water? What filter do you have and what media is in that filter? Are you using a dechlorinator for your water? Verify your pH again using the low pH test. Letting your water sit for a few days only works if you have Chlorine in the water. It will not work if your water company uses Chloramine.

You could start by doing 50% water changes everyday or other day and add your dechlorinator.

Back
Top Bottom